Jan 06 2017
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
DECEMBER 1, 2016
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The December 1, 2016 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
Mike Russell, Member – Present ______________________________________
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections to the November minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- LOIT Special Distribution – Mark will begin getting bids this month for paving to be done in the spring.
- Ham and Bean Fundraiser – Our total from this event on November 5th is $1,891.75, however other donations went straight to the Foundation so our total donations for 2016 were $2,315.25. The North Salem Fund currently has a balance of $24,723.86
- NEW ITEMS:
- IACT Reminder – Mike S. noted that there are a couple of IACT webinars scheduled for this month that someone should attend; one on cyber security and another concerning 2017 legislative matters.
- Encumber Funds – Mike S. made a motion to encumber any funds left over at the end of the year; Rebecca seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- 2017 Board Meeting and Holiday Schedules – Rebecca made a motion to approve the 2017 Board Meeting dates; Mike S. seconded; motion passed unanimously. Rebecca made a motion to approve the 2017 Holiday dates; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- Lucas Property – We had a request from a potential buyer of the Lucas property. They requested at least (but no more than) six (6) months to remove the trailer and clean up the property if they purchase it; Mike R. made a motion to approve this request; Mike S. seconded; motion passed unanimously. Beth will let them know this was approved.
- Mark – reported that the new snow plow mount is in and Bob Goldsmith will be putting it on sometime next week. In addition, Mark reported that we have salt and sand in the barn.
- NSPD – for the record, Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of November.
- Council – Rebecca asked Mark about putting cameras at the park; Mark and John both stated that they would be doing this sometime in the spring. Rebecca also stated that after the first of the year she and Beth will be working on getting a volunteer board together so North Salem can become an Indiana Main Street Community.
- Harold Blake – wanted to let the Council know that we should have our Sidewalk Asset Management Plan in place because we should be “shovel” ready for when President Elect Trump takes office because he is stating that he will put billions of dollars in projects for infrastructure.
- Clerk-Treasurer – Beth reported that the current computer that has the utility software needs to be replaced; it is freezing up and shutting down. Mike S. made a motion to approve; Rebecca seconded; motion passed unanimously to replace.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:30 pm. The next Council Meeting will be January 5th at 6:00 pm.