May 18 2015
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The April 6, 2015 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:04 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
Mike Russell, Member – Present ______________________________________
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the March, 2015 Council Meeting; there being none, minutes were approved unanimously as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Appointment to the Hendricks County Communications Center – No Update.
- NS Municipal Code Book Update – We received a quote of anywhere between $300-$800 for update and between $50 and $70 for the Folio. Mike S. made a motion to approve the update; Rebecca seconded; motion passed unanimously. Beth will contact American Legal.
- NS School Water Line – no update.
- Clean Ups & Heavy Trash – letter will be sent encouraging residents to take advantage of heavy trash curbside pickup (scheduled for April 28th ).
- NSPD – Marshal Berry had no update on new truck.
- NEW ITEMS:
- Bicycle Safety Program – will take place Saturday April 11th at the Fire Station. Hendricks Regional Health will be on hand passing out and fitting new bike helmets; Sheriff’s Dept. will be there; there will be food and drinks and also a fire safety program as well. This free event will run from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Mark – reported that he will spoke with Ray Whitaker, Danville Street Superintendent about how Danville re-did their sidewalks; they actually hired an outside company to do the work. Since we cannot afford this expense, Harold suggested Mark contact the Plainfield Town Manager about possibly using inmates from the Dept. of Correction through a re-entry program. Mark also mentioned that they will be putting up the new park signs as weather permits.
- For the record, Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of March.
- Council Members – Rebecca asked about the progress on Richard Lewis’ house which was recently damaged by a fire. The County has given him 90 days to clean it up. It was also suggested that since Mr. Lewis is a veteran, that he should seek help from the VA in Danville, IN.
- Harold Blake – No Report
- Clerk-Treasurer – Beth asked the Board if it would be okay to add Tammy Lasley, Deputy Clerk-Treasurer, as a signer on the town accounts. Mike S. made a motion to approve; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:30 pm. Because of scheduling conflicts, the May Board meeting will be held on Monday, May 18th at 6:00 pm.