Oct 01 2015
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
SEPTEMBER 3, 2015
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The September 3, 2015 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
Mike Russell, Member – Present ______________________________________
- PUBLIC HEARING – BUDGET 2016: No one was in attendance. Budget will be adopted in October.
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the August 6, 2015 Council Meeting; there being none, minutes were approved unanimously as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Appointment to the Hendricks County Communications Center – no update.
- NS School Water Line – No Update.
- NSPD Squad Car – no update.
- Old Fashion Days – No one from the committee in attendance; Beth reported that she did receive their certificate of insurance.
- Handout for “NS Community Fundraising” – Council approved two sided flyer that we will include in September’s water bills. Mike S. met with a representative with the Hendricks County Community Foundation earlier this week to discuss criteria for setting up grant within the North Salem Fund to assist residents with sidewalk repair/replacement. It was suggested that Council hold a workshop to discuss the criteria; also it was suggested that Mark “grade” the sidewalks in town to better assist the determination of which ones are worse than others. A workshop was set for September 23rd at 6:00 pm in the Town Hall.
- NEW ITEMS:
- Sidewalk Reimbursement – it was suggested that the Council consider raising the reimbursement amount for sidewalk repair/replacement. Harold suggested a motion to re-visit the current resolution at next month’s meeting after the Council has held their workshop. Rebecca made this motion; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously. Beth will scan and email the current resolution to Harold.
- Hoosier Broadband – a Rep from this company contacted Mike Selch regarding putting a repeater antenna on top of our water tower for an internet signal. Mike said they were not prepared to answer any of his questions and that they were supposed to email him some information. However, he never heard back from them. Mike googled the company and they do not have good reviews, plus they have an F rating with the BBB. Council decided not to pursue at this time.
- Mark – no report.
- NSPD – for the record, Mike S. presented NSPD report for the month of August.
- Rebecca reported that she will be attending a meeting of the Hendricks County Park Board on September 10th. She will also try to make one of the state meetings on storm drainage issues. She asked Mark if he had a map of the ditches in town; Mark didn’t think he had anything like this. Harold suggested Hendricks County GIS website for information. In addition, Harold suggested we might look into a storm water utility fee to help offset the maintaining of the ditches and creeks in town. Rebecca also received a letter from Hubert Smith regarding the creek that runs behind his property and the flooding issues he has had; Mark also noted that there is a sink hole around the culvert on State Road 75. Rebecca will put together a letter to her contact at INDOT on both of these important issues and how they need to be remedied soon.
- Harold Blake – No Report
- Clerk-Treasurer – Beth gave each member of Council a copy of a Press Release from Visit Hendricks County regarding the planning meeting for a yearlong celebration of Indiana’s Bicentennial or 200th anniversary in 2016. Beth will include a scaled down version in September’s water bills.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:38 pm. The next Council Meeting will be October 1, 2015, at 6:00 pm.