Mar 05 2015
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The February 5, 2015 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present _________________________________
Mike Russell, Member – Present ______________________________________
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the January, 2015 Council Meeting; there being none, minutes were approved unanimously as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Appointment to the Hendricks County Communications Center – there is no update at this time.
- NS Municipal Code Book Update – Beth has contacted American Legal and we are now awaiting a quote to add the ordinances passed in 2014.
- NEW ITEMS:
- January 26 Workshop – Mike S. reported on the workshop held last month. Several items were discussed including the budget, salary ordinance, water and waste water funds, utility rates, property clean ups, police car, and council meeting dates. An amended 2015 Salary Ordinance was presented. Rebecca made a motion to approve as written; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously. In addition, it was decided to hold our annual heavy trash curb side pickup the last Tuesday of April. Notices will go out in the water bills. At the same time we will advertise the County Tox Away Days. Also, because of conflicting schedules, it is necessary to re-schedule the council meeting dates in both April and May. The Board decided to meeting Monday, April 6th at 6:00 pm; and also Monday, May 18th at 6:00 pm. Mike S. made a motion to approve these dates; Mike R. seconded. Beth will advertise these changes in the Flyer and the Republican this month. Notices will also go in the water bills in February and March.
It was also decided that the Town Hall and the Police Department would be re-keyed for updated security. Marshal Berry has a person he will contact for pricing.
Marshal Berry also spoke to the Board regarding trading in the current police car for a police truck that has 4 wheel drive. After much discussion, Mike S. made a motion to allow Marshal Berry to proceed on the purchase of a new truck and speak with the bank about financing on an amount not to exceed $23,000 (total package) and financed at market rate; Rebecca seconded; motion passed unanimously.
February 5, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes – page 2
OCRA – There is a Local Government Consultation meeting scheduled in Bainbridge on February 26th from 9 am to 12:00 pm. Both Mike S. and Beth will attend.
- Akismet – Mike S. received the notice for renewal of our Spam blocking program for the town website. He presented the bill to Beth for reimbursement. While on the subject of the town website, Beth mentioned to the council that we had received a request from a nonprofit company to have a link on our website. After some discussion, the matter was tabled so Mike S. could do some research.
- Mark – reported that the bricks in the sidewalks down town need a lot of repair. His recommendation is to remove them all and possibly fill in with concrete and then “stamp” them to look like brick. This would be a lot safer. Mark will research cost and report back to the board. He also told the board that the school is still on track to do repair work to their water lines sometime in April.
- Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of January. Marshal Berry also reported that he will be out of town July 19th through the 23rd for Church Camp.
- Council Members – Rebecca reported that the new park signs and not yet finished. She will hopefully have an update on their status next month. Also, in attendance was Eric Wathen and he mentioned that she might contact Hendricks County Solid Waste District for a possible grant for park improvements. Rebecca also reported that she has applied to Hendricks Regional Health for funding for the Bicycle Safety Program tentatively scheduled for April 11th at the Fire Station from 10 am till noon. John Berry may also run a fire safety/public safety program in conjunction with this. We will advertise this in the water bills as soon as we get confirmation of the date.
- Harold Blake – No Report
- Clerk-Treasurer – No Report
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:55 pm. The next meeting will be March 5, 2015, at 6:00 pm.