Feb 06 2015

Profile Image of admin

January 8, 2015 Town Council Meeting Minutes

Filed under Town Minutes

MINUTES OF TOWN OF NORTH SALEM COUNCIL MEETING

JANUARY 8, 2015

CALL MEETING TO ORDER:

  1. The January 8, 2015 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:02 pm.
  2. ROLL CALL:Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present            ______________________________________
  3. Mike Russell, Member – Present                                  ______________________________________
  4. Mike Selch, President – Present                                   ______________________________________
  5. MINUTES:
  6. Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the December 2014 Council Meeting; there being none, minutes were approved unanimously as written.
  7. ELECTION OF OFFICERS: Mike Russell made a motion to elect Mike Selch as President and Rebecca as Vice President; Rebecca seconded; motion passed unanimously.
  8. OLD ITEMS:
  1. Hendricks County BZA Representative – Laura Herzog is unable to fulfill this position as she has too many other commitments; Rebecca suggested Rod Lasley. Mike Selch contacted Rod and he agreed to take this position. Mike Selch will let Don Reitz, Hendricks County Building and Planning, know this and pass along his contact information.
  2. IACT Webinars – Mike gave a brief summary of the two IACT webinars he participated in recently.
  1. NEW ITEMS:
  1. Hendricks County Communications Center – We received information regarding appointing or re-appointing our representative for the Communications Center. After some discussion, it was decided to leave “as is” with Marshal Berry as our contact person. John will contact Steve Cook.
  2. NS Municipal Code Book Update – Beth will contact American Legal to get costs on updating our Code of Ordinances.
  3. January 19th Workshop – after some discussion, it was decided to move this workshop to January 26th at 6:00 pm.
  1. REPORTS:
  1. Mark – reported that he has been in contact with the school regarding the water line that needs to be repaired. It looks like they are on track to make repairs in the spring. New sign has been installed at the waste water treatment plant. Mark also reported that our furnace went out in the town hall today; L & F Heating was able to repair it temporarily, but we will need a new furnace and they can get one and install it for $1800.00. Mike S. made a motion to approve; Mike Russell seconded; motion passed unanimously.
  2. Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of December. Marshal Berry also reported that the police car was now fixed and the battery will not be going dead any more. There was a problem under the hood with a light that wasn’t shutting off. He is also gathering information on newer police vehicles for a possible trade.
  3. Council Members – Rebecca received money from the Bob Porter Memorial fund and purchased the two new signs for the Park. These will be installed in the spring. Also, after some discussion with Marshal Berry, it was decided to set a tentative date of April 11th for the Bicycle Safety Program to be held at the Fire Station from 10 am till noon. Rebecca is contacting Hendricks Regional Health to see if they will sponsor this program. Marshal Berry will also look into finding a program to use for this.
  4. Harold Blake – No Report
  5. Clerk-Treasurer – Beth presented the Council with the annual nepotism compliance forms for their signatures. In addition, Beth let the Council know that both she and Mike would be out of town of May 7th and would miss the board meeting. Because of this, it was decided to move the meeting to May 14th. Beth will advertise this change in the local papers and will also include it in the water bills.
  1. PUBLIC:
  2. None.
  3. ADJOURNMENT:
  4. There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:07 pm. The next meeting will be February 5, 2015, at 6:00 pm.

Attest:

 

____________________________________

Beth Russell

Clerk-Treasurer

No responses yet

Older Posts »