Aug 04 2016
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The July 7, 2016 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Absent
Mike Russell, Member – Present
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections to the June minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written. Mike S. then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the June 20th special meeting; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Eggers Alley Poles – Mark hopes to get this all taken care of this month and definitely before Old Fashion Days.
- Eric Wathen, Banning Engineering, was in attendance. He has completed our Pavement Asset Management Plan and the paper work for the Community Crossings Matching Grant. He will email all to Beth to be submitted. INDOT hopes to notify recipients the end of August. Beth also presented Transfer Resolution 1-2016 transferring money from CEDIT to the Rainy Day Fund for this project. Mike S. made a motion to approve; Mike R. seconded. In addition, Beth presented Ordinance 2016-2 for the LOIT Special Distribution Fund (also for this project). Mike S. made a motion to approve on first read; Mike R. seconded.
- Resolution 2016-2 – Complete Streets Policy – Mike S. made a motion to approve; Mike R. seconded; will be signed by all Board members at August meeting.
- NEW ITEMS:
- Salary Ordinance – It was decided that Beth and Donna (Accountant) need to complete the half year audit before a determination can be made on the Salary Ordinance. This should occur the week of July 18th. A Council workshop will be scheduled for July 25th or 26th to finalize the 2017 Salary Ordinance.
- Mike S. asked about the Lucas property. We have been unable to get in touch with the owner and Mark has mowed this property four times now. Harold said to put together an invoice and he will file a lien on the property.
- Mark – No Report; Mike R. asked how Kevin was working out and Mark said it’s working out great. Mark also updated the Council on the vandalism of the bathrooms at the park. He and John are working to get this matter resolved.
- NSPD – for the record, Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of June. John asked the Council about contacting the State for “Blind Person” signs for a resident of the Eel River Apts. It was suggested that he contact Rebecca for her INDOT contact person; Eric Wathen suggested contacting Alan Plunkett in the Crawfordsville INDOT office.
- Council – Mike R. thanked Mark for contacting Duke to repair the pole on Wabashaw. Mike S. suggested that we contact someone from Old Fashion Days committee and invite them to attend the meeting next month for an update.
- Harold Blake – no report.
- Clerk-Treasurer – Beth let the Council know that she was given the okay to use the 25% LOIT distribution for utilities.
Jimmy Roberts was in attendance; he knows there are several properties where the homeowners are not mowing their grass and asked how long a situation can go on before something can be done about it. Harold said it’s different for every situation.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:34 pm. The next Council Meeting will be August 4, 2016 at 6:00 pm.