Jun 06 2009
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The May 7, 2009 Town of North Salem Council meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:05 pm.
2. ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch – Present ____________________________
Billy Woodrum – Present ____________________________
Mike Russell – Present ____________________________
3. READING OF MINUTES:
Minutes of the April 2009 Board Meeting were unanimously approved.
4. CITIZEN’S INPUT:
- Cory Zurcher requested permission to keep chickens for their children’s 4H project. They will have 8-12 hens (no roosters) for no more than 10-12 months. He said they will be kept in a cage. Mike S. made a motion to grant exception to the ordinance for a period of 12 months. If they have the chickens longer than 12 months they must return in May of 2010 and request additional time. Mike R. 2nd motion; exception passed unanimously.
- Cory also asked if there was an ordinance about people blocking sidewalks. There was some discussion about the alley north of his house, located between his property and Lola Stephen’s property.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- Clean-up Notices: currently on hold.
- Parks Board – Mike S. will have information on this at the pre-budget meeting on May 11th.
- Harold asked about the option to purchase the property and when it was approved. The agreement will expire in July so Harold will work on an extension.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- IACT: had dinner meeting May 5th. After much discussion, it was decided not to continue our membership.
- FEMA – North Salem is under their comprehension plan and any home in a flood plane can get flood insurance through the county.
- Utility budget will be discussed Monday evening, May 11th at pre-budget meeting.
- Reminders: 175 Kick Off meeting will be May 12th; Town Board will be meeting with Old Fashion Days Committee May 18th.
- Ordinance Codification: Will have several updates at June meeting on this.
a. Town Attorney – Harold Blake
b. Water and Street Superintendent – Mark Basham
c. Clerk-Treasurer – Cheryl Russell
d. Town Marshall – Donnie Perry
There being no further business, Billy made a motion to adjourn the meeting; Mike R. seconded. Meeting adjourned at 6:30 pm.
The next Council meeting will be held on Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 6:00 pm.