Aug 20 2009
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM COUNCIL MEETING
July 2, 2009
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The July 2, 2009 Town of North Salem Council meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:02 pm.
2. ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch – Present ____________________________
Billy Woodrum – Present ____________________________
Mike Russell – Present ____________________________
3. READING OF MINUTES:
Minutes of the June 2009 Board Meeting were unanimously approved.
4. CITIZEN’S INPUT:
- Dallas Wilson presented Census 2010 information. Census will be conducted April 1st; would like town to form small committee to get the word out on how important completing the census is to the town.
- John Berry presented a cd and pictures of overhead doors at fire station. Building is settling, siding is buckling. Will check if warranty on building is still in effect.
- Patty Woodrum reported speeding on Ladoga Avenue.
d. Warren Moreland reported street is being blocked by his business by a camper and
a truck; makes intersection dangerous.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- Billy made a motion to purchase new police car; Mike Russell seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- Harold Blake reviewed golf cart ordinance; will try to have update for August meeting.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
No New Business
- Harold Blake – Town Attorney
- Water and Street Superintendent – Mark Basham
Mark is getting bids to have some streets in town paved. Asked Board to look at some roads around town; give him any suggestions. Mark would like to find a new steel overhead door for old garage.
c. Clerk-Treasurer – Cheryl Russell
Presented to the Board the approved budget for 2009.
d. Town Marshall – Donnie Perry
e. Billy Woodrum – Vice President
Spoke on clean up ordinance. Harold said hold up was who was going to clean up before enforcement action; need to have a plan in place.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:10 pm.
The next Council meeting will be held on Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 6:00 pm.