Mar 05 2010
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM COUNCIL MEETING
February 4, 2010
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The February 4, 2010 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:01 pm.
2. ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch – Present ____________________________
Billy Woodrum – Present ____________________________
Mike Russell – Present ____________________________
3. READING OF MINUTES:
Billy made a motion to approve the January 2010 minutes as written; Mike R. seconded; motion passed.
4. CITIZEN’S INPUT:
- No Citizen Input
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- Mike S. spoke about codification and the need to gather together all of our ordinances from 1988 through 2009. Harold said he would try to locate some as well; can review old minutes for ordinances.
- Also need to bring our ordinances on utilities up to date; amend ordinances for owners, renters deposits and penalties for late payments, etc.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
No New Business
- Donnie spoke about picking up patrol on Ladoga Avenue over the last two weeks. He has written a few warnings and tickets. Also reported that from January 2009 to July 2009 he had 18 arrests and 6 assists; he wrote 225 traffic tickets in 2009. Billy thanked Donnie for patrolling Ladoga Avenue.
- Billy inquired about greenhouse property clean up and any appeal. No one has heard anything to date. He also mentioned the need for several properties in town that need to be cleaned up and the need to really focus on that this year.
- Mike S. spoke about the 175 committee; there will be a meeting March 15 and they hope to have another Ham and Bean supper April 17th.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:19 pm. The next Council meeting will be held on Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 6:00 pm.