Apr 08 2010
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM COUNCIL MEETING
March 4, 2010
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The March 4, 2010 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
2. ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch – Present ____________________________
Billy Woodrum – Present ____________________________
Mike Russell – Present ____________________________
3. READING OF MINUTES:
Billy made a motion to approve the February 2010 minutes as written; Mike R. seconded; motion passed.
4. CITIZEN’S INPUT:
- Woody Woodrum asked about flags for the veterans to place at the cemetery and if the town could possibly purchase new ones – about 225 or so for Memorial Day this year. Mike S. made a motion to fund this and Billy seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- John Berry spoke on behalf of Donnie about a situation that had occurred in town recently. He feels that Donnie should have a taser. Donnie explained the situation further and noted that he did have funds available to purchase this particular piece of equipment. Board gave their okay to purchase what he needed.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- Mike S. spoke about the need for us to re-word a few of our ordinances with regard to sewer and water deposits, owners versus renters, etc.
- Mike S. also spoke about our tail insurance policy and that we are still working
6. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Billy made a motion to again donate $100 to Tri West High School for post prom
this year, Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously.
b. Board discussed the town’s ordinance on hooved animals within town limits.
- Donnie mentioned that he has written several citations and several warnings; also has seen an increase in domestic disputes.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:31 pm. The next Council meeting will be held on Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 6:00 pm.