Feb 06 2014
CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The January 2, 2014 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President ______________________________________
Mike Russell, Member – Present ______________________________________
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the December 2013 Council Meeting; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
Mike S. explained that this was the second part of a Public Hearing to discuss the extraterritorial rates and charges. There was one resident in attendance regarding this issue – Kelly Lieske. She stated that she was on town water and has three separate parcels of land. She asked if her house (which was one parcel) could be annexed into the town and not her other two parcels so she could keep her livestock and not incur the extraterritorial rates. After some discussion it was noted that this should not be a problem but that we would need a letter from her stating that she would like to annex her house where she receives her water service.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS:
Mike R. made a motion to elect Mike S. as President and Rebecca Compton as Vice President; Rebecca seconded motion; motion passed unanimously.
- Water Main Repairs\Emergency Grant – Mark Basham explained the progress thus far on the emergency water line repairs.
- Fire Hydrants – Mark also gave brief update on hydrants.
- Planning Grant – Mike stated that he has to meet with Grant Administrator Sandy Powers to sign final paperwork. He also stated that the Board would be holding a workshop on January 9th at 6:00 pm to discuss outcome.
- Ordinance 2014-1 and 2014-2 regarding Extraterritorial Utility Rates had second reading. Rebecca Compton made a motion to approve Ordinance 2014-1 – Sewer as written; Mike S. seconded; Rebecca also made a motion to approve Ordinance 2014-2 – Water as written; Mike S. seconded. Third and final reading will be next month at February meeting.
January 2, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes – page 2
- Mark – no additional report
- NSPD – for the record Mike S. presented a report from the North Salem Police Department for December activities.
- Council Members – Rebecca stated that Matt at the Bank has not gotten back with her regarding the assessment on the 12 acres by the park. She hopes to be in touch with him soon and have some info for February meeting.
- Harold Blake – no report.
- Clerk-Treasurer – Beth presented the Council with the 2014 contract from Ray’s Trash. There was a slight increase for 2014. Mike S. made a motion to accept; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously. Beth also presented Annual Nepotism Policy certification forms to each Council member to date and sign for 2014.
- PUBLIC: None
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:25 pm. The next meeting will be February 6, 2014, at 6:00 pm.
Beth Russell, Clerk-Treasurer