Nov 06 2014
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
OCTOBER 2, 2014
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The October 2, 2014 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:02 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
Mike Russell, Member – Present ______________________________________
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the September 2014 Council Meeting; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
- PUBLIC HEARING – 2015 BUDGET: No one from the public was in attendance. Rebecca made a motion to adopt Resolution 3-2014 (appropriations and tax rate for 2015 Budget); Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Signs for Park and Wastewater Plant – After Rebecca and Mark met at the park, they have decided where to put the new Park signs. They will have one on each side of the fence at the entrance on State Road 75 and then also a double sided sign at the entrance on State Road 236. “Sign paid for by the Robert G. Porter Memorial Fund” will be added to each sign in the bottom corner. Rebecca is also looking into possible grant money for park improvements such as walking paths and benches. Tinie is working on the new sign for the sewer plant. There was also discussion on starting a Facebook page for the Town of North Salem where we can put special announcements and notices.
- NEW ITEMS:
- Trick or Treat hours will be October 31st from 6pm to 8 pm.
- Mark – no report.
- NSPD presented their report for the month of September. Marshal Berry also reported that he has received the new computer for the car and updates made. He also stated that he signed and returned the “Mobile Device Pinging Protocol and Indemnification” Agreement from Hendricks County Communications Center. He will also be ordering glow sticks or bracelets for Halloween again this year.
- Council Members – Rebecca wants to hold a Bicycle Safety Program for the kids of North Salem (and the Elementary School) sometime in the spring. She wants to partner with Hendricks Regional (bike helmets) and the North Salem Fire Department. She will complete the necessary paperwork and submit to Hendricks Regional and also will contact town businesses for possible donations of snacks for the event. Mike Russell asked Mark about the tree on the corner of Wabashaw and California. Mark will get a price for cutting it down.
- Harold Blake – discussed outstanding ordinance violations.
- Clerk-Treasurer – no report.
- Other – Marshal Berry will take part in the Webinar October 14 on Rules and Regulations for Volunteer Fire Departments; No one from Council is available to attend IACT Roundtable in Brownsburg this month.
No one was in attendance.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:27 pm. The next meeting will be November 6, 2014, at 6:00 pm.
Beth Russell, Clerk-Treasurer