Jan 09 2015
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
DECEMBER 4, 2014
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The December 4, 2014 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
Mike Russell, Member – Present ______________________________________
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the November 2014 Council Meeting; there being none, minutes were approved unanimously as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Signs for Park and Wastewater Plant – Rebecca has a final proof for the park sign; will get payment from Byron Porter. She also emailed her contact at the State about the stop signs on State Road 75; she is waiting to hear back from them. Mark has the lettering for the new sign at the waste water plant and will be finishing it soon.
- NEW ITEMS:
- IDEM – Mike S. presented a letter to IDEM regarding their latest inspection and asked for a motion to accept. Mike R. made a motion to accept; Rebecca seconded. Mike S. will forward to Doug Clodfelter so he can include it with his response to the items they want addressed at the waste water treatment plant.
- Encumber Funds – Mike R. made a motion to encumber any funds left over at the end of the year; Rebecca seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- 2015 Holiday Dates and Council Meeting dates were presented. Rebecca made a motion to approve; Mike S. seconded.
- For the record, Mike S. presented a copy of a letter from Sheriff Galloway regarding his appreciation of the help he has received over the years from Marshal John Berry. Mike also mentioned two webinars he will be attending this month and will report back on in January.
- Mark – reported that we had a major leak for about a month that he could not find, but that it was finally located underneath the elementary school. It has now been repaired by the school personnel.
- Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of November. Marshal Berry was unable to attend the meeting.
- Council Members – Rebecca is still working on putting together a Bicycle Safety Program for the kids of North Salem (and the Elementary School) sometime in the spring.
- Harold Blake – because of compliance with the ordinance on dog nuisance, Harold recommended that the current case scheduled for trial on December 15th be dismissed. Council unanimously approved this recommendation. Harold will send letter to their attorney stating such.
- Clerk-Treasurer – Beth presented the Council with the 2015 contract for Doug Clodfelter, Waste Water Superintendent. There was no increase. Mike S. made a motion to approve; Mike R. seconded. Discussion was also held regarding setting a date for a budget workshop in early January 2015. This workshop will be held January 19th at 6:00 PM in the Town Hall.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:17 pm. The next meeting will be January 8, 2015, at 6:00 pm.