Jul 02 2015
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
JUNE 4, 2015
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The June 4, 2015 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:03 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
Mike Russell, Member – Present ______________________________________
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the May, 2015 Council Meeting; there being none, minutes were approved unanimously as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Appointment to the Hendricks County Communications Center – No Update.
- NS Municipal Code Book Update – received new pages; these were given to Council and Harold. Also, Rebecca made a motion to pass Ordinance 2015-1 for this new Supplement; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously. Beth will advertise as required by law.
- NS School Water Line – Mark called his contact with the school and they had no update.
- NSPD – Marshal Berry had no update on the car or new truck. Hopes to know something next week. Marshal Berry also presented a new IDAC agreement. Harold Blake reviewed it and gave Marshal Berry the okay to sign.
- Old Utility Trailer – Mike S. will take a photo and put on IACT website, in newspaper, and post on Town Hall window for best offer.
- NEW ITEMS:
- Salary Ordinance – Beth gave the Council a copy of the 2016 Salary Ordinance. There were no changes. Rebecca made a motion to approve; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- Lew Kinkead – Mr. Kinkead owns 12-1/2 acres of property located by the Town Park and within town limits. The property is currently on the market. Because it is in town limits, there can be no horses, cows, pigs, etc. because of our ordinance. Kinkead has asked for a special variance to allow horses. After much discussion, it was decided that no special variance would be granted as this was a town ordinance. Mike S. will be in touch with Mr. Kinkead.
- Mark – told the board that he is still working on getting bids for tree cutting. Regarding the ditches in town that need attention he is still unsure who’s responsibility it is…town or county. After some discussion, Rebecca said she will contact Matt Whetstone with the Hendricks County Commissioners. Mark reported that because of Doug’s schedule, it was decided to pay him once a month. Doug will turn in his hours to the Clerk-Treasurer. Mark also reported that he is taking the bobcat to be repaired next week.
- NSPD – for the record, Mike S. presented NSPD report for the month of May. Marshal Berry also reported that his radar in the car was repaired and will be returned some time next week. He also reported that one of his hand held radios cannot be repaired.
- Council Members – Rebecca asked about a property on North California Street that has trash and debris out front. Mark will speak to homeowner.
- Harold Blake – No Report
- Clerk-Treasurer – Beth presented invoice for dispatch fees for $3561.41 for January 1 through June 30, 2015. Last year the Board voted to reduce this amount to $200 per month because of budget restraints. It was decided to continue only paying $200 per month for 2015 as well.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:38 pm. The July Board meeting will be held on Thursday, July 2nd at 6:00 pm.