Archive for May, 2016

May 19 2016

Profile Image of admin

April 7, 2016 Town Council Meeting Minutes

Filed under Town Minutes

 

APRIL 7, 2016

 

  1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER:

The April 7, 2016 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.

 

  1. ROLL CALL:

Mike Selch, President – Present                         ______________________________________

Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present             ______________________________________

Mike Russell, Member – Present                       ______________________________________

 

  1. MINUTES:

Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections to the March minutes; there being none, minutes were approved unanimously as written.

 

  1. OLD ITEMS:
  2. Equipment for Digital Recording – Mike S. stated that the water tower monitor is up and running; will soon be able to monitor usage by the hour if we want. Mike S. is still working on the audio video recording project; he gave each Council member a handout with the progress he has made so far.
  3. Eggers Alley Poles – no update at this time.
  4. Utility Rate Ordinance, Final Reading – Ordinance 2016-1; Rebecca made a motion to pass as written; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously. Beth will publish in newspapers twice as per state statute.  Charges will begin with April billing.
  5. NS Grant Update – Only one application received; they must decide what work they will do, complete the work and submit receipts to Town Hall prior to October 1, 2016. Paperwork will then be submitted to the Hendricks County Community Foundation for reimbursement of not more than $500.00 from the North Salem Fund.

 

  1. NEW ITEMS:
  2. Endeavor Communications – Dave Kempf and Jake O’Rourke explained that they would like to provide residents with wireless internet service and requested permission to mount their antennae on the Water Tower.  After much discussion it was suggested to them that they submit a written proposal for the Council to review.
  3. Nepotism Certification – Each Council member was given form to complete for 2016.
  4. Wind & Trash Scattered – There was discussion regarding all of the trash and debris around town most likely occurring from the recent high winds. It was suggested that a reminder notice be included in the April water bills about cleaning up and also heavy trash pickup on the 26th.
  5. IACT Legislative Updates – Mike S. provided each Council member with information he received from IACT  webinar

 

  1. REPORTS:
  2. Mark – Mark thanked everyone for their support after his father passed away. He also brought attention to the new flag pole in the Board room.  Regarding the sidewalks downtown, Mark presented the Council with two proposals he received for the work to be done.  After much discussion, Rebecca made a motion to accept the bid Jerry Collier; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously.  Mark also asked about streets that need paving.  He believes that South Broadway needs to be paved this year; Rebecca stated that North Broadway

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

April 7, 2016 Board Meeting Minutes – page 2

 

 

 

probably should be as well.  Mark will get estimates.  Mark still has not found his leak.  He will have Rural Water come out again and possibly use a different technique to try and detect where it is.

  1. NSPD – for the record, Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of March. Marshal Berry also reported that his new, more lightweight bullet proof vest is in.  He also requested time off in July for Church Camp.
  2. Rebecca has been researching any possible grant money available for sidewalks and walking paths and curbs. The Main Street Revitalization program requires outside people who are interested in putting together a revitalization project which they must put on themselves and funded through OCRA.  Coatesville is doing one now with a group of volunteers.  She was made aware that INDOT had funds available for grants for what they call a “common paths” program so she attended a training session to become an ERC – Employee Responsible Charge, which means a full time employee.  She is now an ERC, albeit an “illegal” ERC because she is not a full time “employee” of the town.  She explained to the gentleman running the session that this is not possible and he said it is happening in other communities as well.  The grant deadline is May 16th so obviously it’s not going to happen this year because you must have a design plan in place to apply.  Rebecca also asked Harold about the  ordinance or resolution requiring those who come into town and rehab a property or builds must repair/replace sidewalks as well.  Harold will have something for the May meeting.
  3. Harold Blake – State Board of Accounts is requiring all political subdivisions to adopt Uniform Internal Control Standards some time after June 30, 2016. Harold presented the Council with Resolution 2016-1; Rebecca made a motion to accept as written; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimously.
  4. Clerk-Treasurer – no report.

 

  1. PUBLIC:

Jimmy Roberts was in attendance asking about a light pole on his property; Mark will contact Duke Energy.  Amy Simmers asked whose responsibility it was to have diseased and/or dead trees removed and Mark told her it was up to the property owner.

 

  1. ADJOURNMENT:

There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:19 pm.  The next Council Meeting will be May 5, 2016 at 6:00 pm.

 

Attest:

 

____________________________________

Beth Russell

Clerk-Treasurer

No responses yet

« Newer Posts