Jul 07 2016
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
JUNE 2, 2016
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The June 2, 2016 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Absent* _______________
Mike Russell, Member – Present _______________________
*In Rebecca’s absence, she asked Mike Selch to read a notice from the North Salem United Methodist Women’s Group announcing that Allison Creekmore will give a presentation at the Church on June 7th at 6:30 pm regarding Susie’s Place – a Children’s advocacy facility dedicated to pursuing the truth in child abuse investigations. Harold commented that this really is a wonderful facility and helps in many child abuse investigations and cases.
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections to the May minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Eggers Alley Poles – Mark met with Centurylink. They told him that as soon as the electric meter has been removed they will remove the poles. Mark with get in touch with a rep for Old Fashion Days to have the contact Duke or an electrician to move the meter, as they are the only ones who use this particular meter.
- The Town of North Salem received a one-time special distribution per SEA 67. There is a restriction on the use of at least 75% of this distribution as it must be used on roads. We must have a Pavement Asset Management Plan in place to be able to apply for a matching grant from INDOT. We received a proposal from Eric Wathen with Banning Engineering. It was decided to call a special meeting to meet with Eric and discuss his proposal. Mike R. made a motion to call this meeting; Mike S. seconded. This meeting will take place June 20th at 6:00 pm in the Town Hall. Beth will advertise next week.
- NEW ITEMS:
- Resolution 2016-2 – Complete Streets Policy – Mike S. made a motion to pass on first read; Mike R. seconded. Second read will occur at the July meeting.
- Mark – The leak he has had for a while now finally showed itself. It was on North Broadway and has been repaired. He also mentioned that at a seminar he attended earlier today he learned of some new techniques to reduce his iron level and he will be doing more research. Mark also introduced Kevin Basham as his new part time Water/Street Assistant.
- NSPD – for the record, Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of May. A nice thank you letter will be sent to Brett Havlin. He also reported that the truck has been serviced and that the ram box is not sealing correctly so he will take it in to have it looked at. John also reported that the B&O Bike Ride will be taking place Saturday, June 5th and he will be working it from 9 to 11 am.
- Harold Blake – no report.
- Clerk-Treasurer – Beth stated that the Town Hall will be closed June 6-8. She and Tammy will be in Michigan City for a State called meeting and Indiana League of Municipal Clerk Treasurer’s conference.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:26 pm. The next Council Meeting will be July 7, 2016 at 6:00 pm.