Oct 26 2016

Profile Image of admin

September 1, 2016 Town Council Meeting Minutes

Posted at 8:48 am under Town Minutes

 

MINUTES OF

TOWN OF NORTH SALEM

COUNCIL MEETING

SEPTEMBER 1, 2016

 

  1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
  2. The September 1, 2016 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
  3. ROLL CALL:Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present          ____________________
  4. Mike Russell, Member – Present            ____________________
  5. Mike Selch, President – Present          ____________________
  6. MINUTES:
  7. Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections to the August minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
  8. PUBLIC MEETING – 2017 BUDGET:

Mike Selch asked if there were any questions regarding the proposed budget for 2017; there being none, the 2017 budget will be adopted in October.

  1. OLD ITEMS:
  1. Eggers Alley Poles – electricity has been moved, however, they have not been able to pull the polls yet. Should be taken care of this month.
  2. LOIT Special Distribution Fund – INDOT awarded us our matching grant in the amount of $46,704.45.   Eric Wathen was in attendance and let us know that we have until June 30, 2017 to get our projects completed. That gives us some breathing room for getting the best quotes for paving. Eric suggested contacting companies in December and January for spring paving. There is an Early Coordination Meeting scheduled for September 13th in Crawfordsville that Beth will attend.
  • NEW ITEMS:
  • Sidewalk Ordinance Update – Harold presented the Council with a preliminary resolution regarding Hendricks County and amending any ordinance or building code necessary to provide for assistance to the North Salem Town Council. There is work to be done on the wording, etc. Mark will need to put together an asset management plan on sidewalks to submit to Council for approval. Rebecca told mark she would help him on this. This will be revisited in October.
  • Old Fashion Days – we did receive a Certificate of Insurance, however, it was blank (no limits listed); Beth will speak with Porters tomorrow. Mike S. spoke with Linda Miller who said they would give a final report on OFD in November as they do not close books until mid October.
  • Trick or Treat – Mike S. said that Elaine Burkhard had mentioned last year that she would like to put together some kind of town Halloween event. Beth will ask Elaine if she is still interested in doing this.
  • Ham and Bean Fund Raiser – After much discussion, it was decided to again hold a fundraiser for the North Salem Fund. It will be Saturday, November 5th. Beth will speak with Diane Greene about using the Community Building. It was also mentioned that the Grant guidelines for this fund be revised and clarified.

 

  1. REPORTS:
  1. Mark – will speak with the owners of the former Johnny Beeson property about hooking into the town water. He also mentioned that the Dixie Chopper is in need of some repairs.
  2. NSPD – for the record, Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of August. John also said that he would like to have the windows tinted on the truck. It will cost around $80; Council gave him the go ahead. He also spoke about the threat at school a few weeks ago.
  3. Council – Rebecca let the Council know that she would not be here for the October meeting.
  4. Harold Blake – no report.
  5. Clerk-Treasurer – Beth informed the Council that we did not receive any other bids for the flooring project; Mike S. made a motion to accept the bid received; Rebecca seconded. Motion passed unanimously. Beth also asked the Council if the town could schedule a shred day for the town residents. Ray’s charges $125.00 minimum or $.15 cents per pound. Council agreed and Beth will schedule with Rays and advertise in the water bills this month. This will be a free service to all town residents.
  1. PUBLIC:
  2. Jimmy Roberts was in attendance asking about the procedure for getting a resident to clean up their property. There are certain criteria and procedures that must be followed. Harold gave him a copy of the North Salem Code of Ordinances to review. A question was also raised about the abandoned cable wires in town. Eric Wathen suggested Mark contact Duke Energy because they must have some sort of lease agreement with the cable companies since they are on their poles.
  3. ADJOURNMENT:
  4. There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:48 pm. The next Council Meeting will be October 6, 2016 at 6:00 pm.

 

Attest:

 

___________________________________

Beth Russell

Clerk-Treasurer

No responses yet

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.