Nov 15 2016

Profile Image of admin

October 6, 2016 Town Council Meeting Minutes

Posted at 12:06 pm under Town Minutes

 

MINUTES OF

TOWN OF NORTH SALEM

COUNCIL MEETING

OCTOBER 6, 2016

  1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
  2. The October 6, 2016 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
  3. ROLL CALL:Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Absent ______________________________________
  4. Mike Russell, Member – Present                                               ______________________________________
  5. Mike Selch, President – Present                                                ______________________________________
  6. MINUTES:
  7. Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections to the September minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
  8. PUBLIC MEETING – 2017 BUDGET:

Mike Selch asked if there were any questions regarding the proposed budget for 2017; there being none, Mike S. made a motion to adopt; Mike R. seconded.

  1. OLD ITEMS:
  1. Eggers Alley Poles have been removed.
  2. LOIT Special Distribution – the funds were awarded by INDOT and Beth has filed the paperwork to receive payment. Mark will begin getting bids in the spring.
  3. The resolution that Harold presented last month has been rescinded.   Harold’s meeting with the County and Greg Steuerwald did not go well, however, they did agree that it would be good for an Asset Management Plan for the sidewalks in town to be prepared and updated periodically so that if, and when, State or Federal $$ becomes available, we would be prepared with a “shovel ready” project.
  4. The first grant of $500 was awarded at the Council meeting in April, 2016, however, the project was not completed by the deadline date of October 1st. Therefore, the $500 grant will be placed into Town Funds as the current application states. We will send a letter to the Hendricks County Community Foundation requesting the funds be sent to the Town Hall.
  • NEW ITEMS:
  • Paul Minor, McCloud Nature Park – Paul was in attendance to ask for assistance in placing signage in town to advertise the park and direct people to the park. It was suggested he contact J.V. Cox or L&F Heating and Cooling to see if they would/could let him put a sign up either on the side of the building (Cox) or in the parking lot. He has not had any luck with the state so it was also suggested that maybe Rebecca could get in touch with her contact at INDOT in Crawfordsville.
  • Old Fashion Days – Linda Miller was in attendance on behalf of the Old Fashion Days Committee. She said that it was successful; both vendors and patrons were happy; the updated electricity worked out well (poles still need to be set in concrete); Linda thanked everyone for their assistance. They do need to work on and have an Emergency Plan in place for 2017 festival. She also stated that they are planning an Old Fashion Christmas for December 9 & 10 with chili cook off; carriage rides, carolers, breakfast with Santa. We will put flyers in November water bills.
  • Trick or Treat – Mike R. made the motion to set Trick or Treat hours for October 31st from 5 pm to 8 pm; Mike S. seconded; we will include flyers in this month’s water bills and include information regarding the safe house at the Christian Church and Trunk or Treat at the Methodist Church.
  • Ham and Bean Fund Raiser – The Community Building has been secured for November 5th and we will begin serving at 5:00 pm. After much discussion, it was decided to again hold a fundraiser for the North Salem Fund. It will be Saturday, November 5th. Mike S. will work on door prizes; Beth will add flyer to water bills this month.

 

  1. REPORTS:
  1. Mark – will begin work on installing new water service on the former Johnny Beeson property; also needs some new parts for snow plow.
  2. NSPD – for the record, Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of September. John also reported that he will be forwarding a supplemental report to the Council as well.
  3. Council – None
  4. Harold Blake – no report.
  5. Clerk-Treasurer – Beth informed the Council that we received a phone call from Mike Lucas regarding the lien on his property. We filed a few months ago for the mowing that Mark has already done. That will need to be paid at the courthouse; as for the current charges not yet filed, Mike can pay them now at the Town Hall.
  1. PUBLIC:
  2. Woody Woodrum was in attendance to discuss speeders on Ladoga Road and California Streets; John mentioned that he has talked to Woody regarding this issue and has tried to make his presence known. It was suggested that he borrow the speed sign from Lizton or may ask surrounding towns about the possibility of all going in together and purchasing a speed sign to share. John will research and report back.
  3. ADJOURNMENT:
  4. There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:38 pm. The next Council Meeting will be November 3rd at 6:00 pm.

 

Attest:

 

___________________________________

Beth Russell, Clerk-Treasurer

No responses yet

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.