Apr 25 2018

Profile Image of admin

March 2018 Council Meeting Minutes

Posted at 8:54 am under Town Minutes

 

MINUTES OF

TOWN OF NORTH SALEM

COUNCIL MEETING

MARCH 1, 2018

 

  1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
  2. The March 1, 2018, Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Rebecca Compton at 6:00 pm.
  3. ROLL CALL:
  4. Mike Russell, Vice President – Present      ______________________________________
  5. Jimmy Roberts, Member – Present           ______________________________________
  6. Rebecca Compton, President – Present     ______________________________________
  7. PLEDGE/PRAYER:
  8. Council President Rebecca Compton led with the Pledge of Allegiance followed by a prayer from Pastor Greg Way.
  9. MINUTES:For the record, Rebecca wanted to let everyone know that we received three bids for the Community Crossings pavement project; the lowest bid came in from Baumgartner & Company and it was decided to award the project to them.
  10. Rebecca asked if there were any additions or corrections to the February minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
  11. OLD ITEMS:
  • Spotlight of Town Ordinances – It was decided to feature the Town’s golf cart and recreational vehicle ordinance next, and then also the ordinance on animals defecating on public property. Mike Russell suggested adding a note requesting copies of old photographs of the town for or archives. Rebecca also mentioned that she would like to have a shred day sometime in May. Beth will contact Rays. We have scheduled a curbside heavy trash pickup for Tuesday, April 24th; notes will go in the March and April water bills.

 

  1. Town Hall Security – Mark has been looking at camera options; after some discussion it was decided that Beth will contact ADT and Brinks for options and pricing.
  2. Ordinance 2018-1 – Amending the code regarding the liability of water customers to maintain their private portion of the water supply system was presented for a second read. Mike Russell made a motion to pass as written; Jimmy seconded. There will be a third and final reading next month.
  3. Ordinance 2018-2 was presented regarding enacting and adopting a supplement to the Code of Ordinances. Mike Russell made a motion to pass as written; Jimmy seconded. Beth will advertise once in the next available issues of the Flyer and the Republican.
  4. Fall Foundation Fundraiser – Beth and Rebecca met last week to discuss the Ham and Bean Supper Fundraiser. Each Council member was given a list which included the menu and also items needed. We need to advertise earlier in the year; solicit donations from businesses in town. It was decided to have this fundraiser on October 27th.
  5. Town Hall Roof – temporary repairs have been made but it is still leaking. We hope to have repairs done soon but it all depends on the weather.

 

March 1, 2018 Board Meeting Minutes – page 2

 

  1. Water Tower and Filter System – Mark will be meeting with a couple of contractors to try and determine what the best solution is for us as far as a new filter system. We will eventually need to secure a grant writer and an engineer to begin the planning grant process. Mark did let the Council know that the iron is high again and that he and Kevin cleaned the filter again.

 

  • NEW ITEMS:
  • Community Building Parking – Rebecca had some concerns regarding parking in the Community Building parking lot. She contacted Township Trustee Diane Greene and asked her if she had received any complaints and Diane told her no. It was suggested that Diane may send a calendar of events being held at the Community Building to the area businesses in advance to let them know not to have their employees park there because of an event.
  • AIM Legislative Dinner – Rebecca and Bill attended this event downtown earlier this week. Rebecca reported that it was a good meeting with good food and good speakers.
  • Liability Insurance and Old Fashion Days – Linda Miller, a representative with Old Fashion Days, was in attendance to ask if there was a way that the Festival could be included as a rider on the Town’s insurance policy. She also had some other concerns regarding liability insurance and events that happen during that weekend as well as security for the weekend. After much discussion, it was decided that Beth will speak with our insurance rep and see what cost would be involved in adding this rider.

 

  1. REPORTS:
  1. Mark – None
  2. NSPD – For the record, Rebecca presented the NSPD report for the month of February.
  3. Council – Mike Russell mentioned that there were a few old maps of the town in the garage that we should have preserved. Paul Miner from McCloud Park said that there was a way to have them digitized. He gave us the name of John Parsons with Hendricks County Archives and his phone number. Jimmy asked about the survey that was included in the water bills.
  4. Harold Blake – None
  5. Clerk-Treasurer – None
  1. PUBLIC:
  2. Paul Miner wanted to invite everyone to the Maple Syrup Festivities being held at McCloud Park this weekend and next – March 3rd and March 10th.
  3. ADJOURNMENT:
  4. There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:11 pm. The next Council Meeting will be April 5th at 6:00 pm.

Attest:

 

 

___________________________________

Beth Russell, Clerk-Treasurer

No responses yet

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.