Nov 14 2013
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
OCTOBER 3, 2013
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The October 3, 2013 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Mike Russell, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Member – Present ______________________________________
- READING OF MINUTES:
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the September minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Water Main Repairs\Emergency Grant – Ken Smith, Engineer, presented contracts to Harold for him to review prior to Council signing them. Project should be started in approximately two weeks.
- Water Main & Fire Hydrants – two fire hydrants need to be replaced. One will be a blow-off hydrant.
- Planning Grant – There will be a public hearing November 7th at 6:00 pm; Sandy Powers will advertise. Ken Smith stated that he needs to get water samples and update water map and will get with Mark.
- IACT Annual Convention – Mike S. is planning to attend two meetings – one on Sunday and one Tuesday.
- OFD 2013 – No one in attendance from the Committee
- Emergency Code Notifications – still collecting information from residents.
- Town Truck – now has new tires and new bed. Mark will take old truck bed and scrap it.
- 2014 Budget – No one in attendance with any questions. Rebecca made a motion to adopt; Mike R. seconded; motion passed unanimous.
October 3, 2013 Board Minutes – page 2
- NEW ITEMS:
- Annexation Report – Harold suggested that we annex the school property since they are already in agreement; and also the property to the east of the school. As far as the residents on State Road 75 who already have town utilities, Harold and the Council will put together a letter explaining the possibility of a rate increase (no more than 10%) or their right to petition the Council to be annexed voluntarily.
- Handicap Parking – Rebecca received notice from the State that we may add handicap parking spaces. Mark and Doug will paint a few sites down town.
- Vectren Gas Line Damage Billing – Harold suggested that we do nothing on this until we receive the final report from IURC.
- Trick or Treat Hours were set for October 31st from 6-8. A notice will be put in the water bills and also posted in the Town Hall.
- Mark – stated that it is important to get the water line (emergency) done asap. Harold said that if there is any reason the emergency grant does not come through soon enough we might talk to the bank about getting the money until the grant check comes in. Ken stated that he would need to get an okay from USDA if this is the route we need to go.
- NSPD – for the record Mike S. presented a report from Marshal John Berry for September activities. There was also discussion about including a NSPD Quarterly Report in the water bills.
- Council – Rebecca stated that she was still working grants, etc., to possibly purchase 12 acres by Machinery Field and establish green space and a walking park. She also said that she has had some comments regarding the high grass and weeds on the state road (236). This is all done by INDOT (and not Mark or Doug).
- Harold – no report.
- Beth – no report.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:45 pm. The next meeting will be November 7th at 6:00 pm.
Beth Russell, Clerk-Treasurer