Apr 06 2015
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The March 5, 2015 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
Mike Russell, Member – Present ______________________________________
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the February, 2015 Council Meeting; there being none, minutes were approved unanimously as written.
- Appointment to the Hendricks County Communications Center – County Commissioner Matt Whetstone was in attendance and explained what was going on with the 911 legislation and how important it is to have small town representation on the Communications Board. They have a meeting next week and hope to have a letter with names of possible representatives sent out soon after the meeting.
- NS Municipal Code Book Update – American Legal sent an email this week that they hope to have a quote in 2-4 weeks.
- NS School Water Line – no update.
- Clean Ups & Heavy Trash – Heavy trash curbside pickup has been scheduled for April 28th (last Tuesday of April). Notices will go in water bills. Also, letters will go to specific homeowners encouraging clean up and use of heavy trash pickup. There was also discussion about opening up the sewer plant once a month for limbs, etc. Mark said he’d rather we send notice that once a month residents can set their limbs by the curb and Mark will drive around and pick them up. This way he can control what is taken out there. Council agreed and notices will go out with March bills.
- NSPD – Marshal Berry has ordered the new truck. He will also be meeting with company in Greencastle in the next few weeks about switching over the equipment and getting striping and decals done.
- Hendricks County Health Department – Rachel Buckman, Coordinator for the Hendricks County Health Partnership, was in attendance and gave a short presentation. They would like to host a town hall meeting on April 28th from 6-8 pm to gather feedback from North Salem residents. They would like us to help promote this meeting to residents and encourage them to attend. Since there could be a possibility of a large number of people, it was decided to see if we could use the Community Building. Beth will contact Diane Greene. Notices will go in both March and April water bills and we will post flyers around town.
March 5, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes – page 2
OCRA – Mike S. reported on the meeting that he and Beth attended last week in Bainbridge. OCRA is gathering information for a 2015 Comprehensive Plan. Many did not attend because of the weather.
- Website Links – Mike S. reported on links he would like to see added to the town’s website. There being no objections, Mike stated that he would begin adding these links.
- Mark – reported that he will get with Ralph Whitaker soon to see how Danville took care of their sidewalks; who did the work and how much it cost. There was also discussion of the possibility of a grant.
- Mike S. presented the NSPD report for the month of February. Marshal Berry stated that he is still trying to find a bicycle safety program; Rebecca has not heard from Hendricks Regional on the helmets.
- Council Members – Rebecca reported that the new park signs are here. She also said that she received information in the mail on a tax abatement seminar in Danville on March 18th that she will attend. She also asked what was going to be done about Richard Lewis’ house. There are several people in town who would like to assist him. After much discussion it was determined that there are several resources that could be available to Mr. Lewis and further research will be done.
- Harold Blake – No Report
- Clerk-Treasurer – No Report
- Other – Mike S. reminded everyone about the April meeting date change. It will be Monday, April 6th at 6:00 pm.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:46 pm.