Oct 03 2014
TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
SEPTEMBER 4, 2014
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
The September 4, 2014 Town of North Salem Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Mike Selch at 6:03 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
Mike Selch, President – Present ______________________________________
Rebecca Compton, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
Mike Russell, Member – Present ______________________________________
Mike S. asked if there were any additions or corrections for the August 2014 Council Meeting; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
- PUBLIC HEARING – 2015 BUDGET: No one was in attendance. Budget will be adopted in October.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Water Pressure System – Update – Mark presented Council with a copy of the annual inspection report from Koorsen Fire and Security which shows that pressure is adequate.
- Signs for Park and Wastewater Plant – Tinie is working on the new sign for the sewer plant and Rebecca will work on the Park sign while she is recovering from knee surgery this month.
- Dispatch Fees – Mike S. and Marshal Berry met with Steve Cook with the Hendricks County Communication Center regarding the dispatch fees we are being billed. Mike explained that we had our budget cut and we cannot afford what they are billing us.
- NEW ITEMS:
- Old Fashion Days – Several members of the Old Fashion Days Committee were in attendance and presented their overall report for the weekend. According to Rodger Ward the festival was a success; he received several compliments throughout the three day weekend. Marshal Berry spoke about a few disruptions which occurred during the festival but overall they did not have too many problems. They are looking forward to an even bigger and better festival for 2015. They also presented the Council with goodie bags from the festival.
- Mark – reported that he received bids from two different tree trimming companies for the trees across the street from the bank. He will go with J & D Tree because they gave the lowest bid. He will also have them look at a couple of other trees in town while they are here.
- NSPD presented their report for the month of August. Marshal Berry also presented a “Mobile Device Pinging Protocol and Indemnification” Agreement from Hendricks County Communications Center for review. After reviewing this document, town attorney Harold Blake stated that the “attached Exhibit A” was not included therefore, until that is received and reviewed, nothing would be signed. Marshal Berry will get this attachment.
September 4, 2014 Board Meeting Minutes – page 2
- Council Members – Rebecca asked Mark if he could possibly attend an INDOT meeting regarding grants in October. She will get the information to him as soon as possible and he will let her know.
- Harold Blake – no report.
- Clerk-Treasurer – Beth spoke with the Town Marshal from Pittsboro regarding possibly working with them on a Town Court and running our Ordinance Violations through them once a month rather than running them through Brownsburg Courts thus resulting in more money for the town. Of course there are many legal issues with this and Harold stated he would be glad to speak with them.
No one was in attendance.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:50 pm. The next meeting will be October 2, 2014, at 6:00 pm.
Beth Russell, Clerk-Treasurer